Friday, December 5, 2008

Who's that?


So, I have learned a great lesson this week. I put out all my Christmas decorations and as I was putting out my Nativity set Lauryn asked who the baby was. Wow. I felt a little sick inside. Me and Alan decided a few weeks ago that we were going to keep Christmas small this year for more than one reason but obviously the primary reason was so we could experience the true meaning of Christmas. I am okay at admitting that I'm not a perfect parent and many times I forget to teach my children some of the most valuable of lesson. Jesus' birth is a pretty important one. We've talked about it randomly in the past but obviously not made it special enough for Lauryn to remember. Now is a better time than ever. This Christmas I am going to start new traditions as our small little family grows and so we can learn and grow together. I love Christmas so much. The decorations, the food, the gift giving. But, Christmas is more that that. I NEED to focus more on our Savior this year, for myself and my family.

8 comments:

  1. At our house, instead of leaving cookies, we make a "birthday" cake for Jesus and leave Santa a piece of it. That way, the kids always remember the real reason to celebrate Christmas. It's a fun Christmas eve activity, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same need... preparation for what is to come?...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our family doesn't put Jesus in the manger until Christmas Eve. I know is sounds kind of corney but, the kids sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. The manger set looks wrong with out baby Jesus in it but, it reminds the kids what Christmas is truely about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet of her to ask. I need to do a family night about this also! Hey, did you ever e-mail me so that I could invite you to my blog?joniplatt@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that you know that I stalk your blog here is our blog address: www.natalie-natsfamily.blogspot.com. By the way, I love your new countertops!!
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristen it's me Jenny!! I didn't know that you were a blogger too. Here is my blog address. www.memoirsofamommy03.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must confess-I'm a follower too! I love your pictures on your blog! Your girls are darling

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey kristin. Your family pics are darling.

    ReplyDelete