Thursday, January 1, 2009

The New Year!

(Sprinkling their Reindeer food outside Christmas Eve)

It's crazy it's 2009. I am excited to start a new year. There are going to be a lot of milestones this year in our lives. Alan becomes a journeyman in April. He has worked so hard for this and I am so proud of him. This will be really exciting because it also means more money. YEAH!!! This is bitter sweet, though. I know the more you make the more you spend. It seems like when times have been tough we've stayed closer for some reason. Life is just simpler.

Lauryn is also starting Kindergarten this year. I am so excited for her but am so scared for her too. I have enjoyed watching my girls grow and I've always been able to monitor their play time and know what they are doing or at least who they are playing with. I won't be able to do that anymore and it scares me. The world can be such an awful place. I hope what I've taught Lauryn so far will be enough to stand strong and hold her esteem high. I have high hopes for 2009. I think it will be a great year. I wish everyone a HAPPY 2009 and hope and pray it will be a wonderful new year for all. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
*** Some funny pictures we took of the girls with their Christmas oranges ***

9 comments:

  1. My girls start kindergarten this year too. Scary:)Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that they liked the reindeer food. Maddie and Abbie insisted!!! We love your family and wish you the very best 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pic of the girls in their Sunday Best is darling! Lauryn is strong and independent. Both great qualities to start school with. She will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how you feel about the kindergarten thing.. I nearly had anxiety attacks thinking of Lynn going. She's there now, and while it is easier, it still isn't the same. i have loved Christmas break, having her home, not "out there". I guess that's what it's all about being a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always hard to see the year end, but it sounds like you guys will have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you all!! The pictures of the girls are way cute. They are growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. KRISTIN! Why didn't you tell me you had a blog? We've been in YW for how long and I had to hear from Nat you had a blog. Hmmm I thought we were friends. I miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just thought I'd let you know AGAIN. You guys did great! Thanks for letting me play for you....it was an honor:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys sounded awesome singing at church on sunday. Dustin even said when we got home he said the marietti's did a great job today, so great job:) I actually went to school with merril pitcher and i his sister jaclyn my sister and her are high school buds.

    ReplyDelete