Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Nursing Stinks!!!


SHE'S SO DANG CUTE!!!

I am having the HARDEST time nursing. I know this may seem like a weird thing to be blogging about but it has been really HARD for me. I think I'm going to stop. Kamryn treats me like a pacifier. It's so FRUSTRATING. She wants to nurse every hour and I feel like I'm ALWAYS feeding her. It's not fair to me or to my other girls. I didn't have this HARD of a time with my other two. It was easier to nurse when I pumped for the day and just nursed at night. The babysitter got them on a schedule and I just CAN'T seem to get the hang of things. Kamryn has been my FUSSIEST baby yet and I think it will be easier for her too. I HATE to stop because it's just getting to be winter and I WORRY about all the good stuff she gets from me and not from formula but she's had a good start. Anyway, give me your opinion on what I should do or at least make me feel better about my decision. I'm really STRUGGLING with it (The nursing and the decision to stop)!!!

6 comments:

  1. DONT STOP!!! You'll feel bad in the end, I promise! Hang in there and everything will be ok! I really regret stopping so soon with my last baby...I miss the time we spent together, just the two of us...and i'll never get to do it again.
    But you should also do what's best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Kristin :) I'm sorry that Nursing is not going well...the things we go through for these kids. I hope you make the decision that you feel best about. Your daughter will still be healthy and beautiful no matter what. This is Betsey (Baker) Allred...hopefully you remember me!?! I found your blog and I was SO happy. You and Alan have the cutest little family! I am adding you to our blog list if that's ok. Take care!
    Love Betsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris, I have seen how Kamryn fusses to nurse and then just does it for a few minutes, then fusses 30 minutes later to do it again. I don't know what you should do. You have already made it farther than me with the whole nursing thing. She is almost five months now, maybe.... I don't know, it's up to you. It's a hard one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a great little thing, well chubby thing! I love chubby babies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin, You do whatever works for you. Plenty of babies have grown up being bottle and formula fed and turned out just great! If it isn't working for you, find someway that will. I think that as a mom you have to do what is best for your family. Nursing is such a great thing but also a HUGE commitment. Whatever your decision, don't feel guilty. You have done so well nursing for as long as you have and I am sure your baby is better off for your sacrifice! Don't let anyone sway your decision because you need to do what works for you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, sorry to leave another comment, but I forgot to leave my e-mail address. I am making my blog private so I need to invite you to it. E-mail me at joniplatt@hotmail.com! Thanks! Will you send me Beckys if you have it!

    ReplyDelete